Here is a proven way to easily start your own local news website. The options for-profits are unlimited. You would have been a favorite person in your community, a leader, and a known mover and shaker. Additionally, your news site costs you significantly less than a weekend on the town.
Your news site is going to be simply several short news stories anyone can write themselves, several photos, and some simple homemade videos on YouTube.
That’s all you need.
In this informative article I’m going to show you how to create your news site. But first, let me tell you why NOW is an ideal time for you to start.
The headlines business is HUGE. Newspapers used to suck up 80 percent of the advertising dollars in virtually any city, leaving the crumbs to TV and radio. The headlines industry was a cushy world for a lengthy time. I worked in the news headlines biz for 20 years, so I speak from experience.
But Then Two Very Awful Things Happened
1. The Internet came along and Google Ads started grabbing millions in ad dollars. Big companies learned they might get results faster and cheaper with pay-per-click than with expensive newspaper ads.
2. The Great Recession dries out revenues and city newspapers with all their countless employees and expensive facilities starting going belly up. simplenews The headlines “depression” started in 2006 and continue to have worse.
Today many towns and cities simply don’t have much of a newspaper anymore. They have reduced staff, much less news, and their websites mostly pull in news from out-of-town services. It looks like news, but it isn’t vital to local residents. To make matters worse, TV and radio largely “borrow” their news from newspapers.
Here Comes Your Opportunity
Where there’s trouble, there’s sustained opportunity. Big expensive news organizations are increasingly being replaced by tiny groups of people, sometimes as small as one person.
A solo operator, working alone or with several helpers, can turn out a good news product at amazingly low cost. That leaves plenty of room for profits.
There is sufficient of room for a great news website that reports positive stories, interesting happenings, and helps promote local business.
How to Create Your Own News Site in 6 Simple Steps
1. Get yourself a domain name that includes your city or area’s name.
2. Produce a clean, fast-loading website with a column for a business story, a center column for a nearby news story, and another side column for society and school news.
3. In the bottom of the page, include a couple of videos you made and posted on YouTube. These can be short, simple videos of local places and happenings. People LOVE to locate videos of local places on YouTube. Make sure to write a title, description, and keywords that include the name of one’s city, where your video took place, and even names of individuals in the video.
4. Update your news website once every week or two. Save the old news page in a folder for “recent news.” Url to your old news from the home page. Be determined and keep adding news. The more and longer you post, the more results you will get.
5. Mention just as much local names and places as you can. The very first thing any person puts into a research engine is their own name.
6. Have a link or banner that would go to your advertising site or page. Offer to add an account on a nearby business plus a YouTube video, and perform the service for a fee. This is where you could make most of one’s money. As you receive known around town as the news headlines person, a myriad of possibilities for profit will materialize.